Product Development - R&D
The Product Development Team of JCS works closely with our clients in the food and beverage industry to develop new and improved food products for target markets such as retail, institutional or food service. Our team can either work independently to meet product requirements set by the client, or they can work as a part of clients’ in-house R&D Team in an advisory capacity.
Some of our multinational clients retain our services to get a different perspective on an in-house generated product development concept, while others realize that it may be more cost-effective to have JCS R&D Team carry out the prototype generation stage.
Our R&D Team can:
- Conduct literature search to gather current research and technical data pertaining to the product under development
- Employ food innovation to develop brand new food products or work on variations to existing product lines to extend the SKU range
- Explore opportunities for developing value-added products
- Source and evaluate ingredients
- Develop prototypes and compare to competitive products, if applicable
- Generate database-based nutritional information for prototypes to better understand product placement in marketplace
- Provide know-how on scale-up from bench-top to pilot scale and to full-scale production
- Provide feedback on compliance with Federal and State (or Provincial) regulations pertaining to dairy and food products and manufacturing processes
- Provide advice on packaging and storage of the finished product