The JCS UltraBlock™ is an Aseptic Isolation Valve Cluster that provides an aseptic barrier to protect the integrity of aseptically processed products. It is placed between the processor (HHST, UHT, or HTST with MST) and the Sterile Product Surge Tank (AsepTank™) thus protecting either side of the UltraBlock™ from the other when one side is either not sterile or is conducting non compatible products to another destination or is in a chemical cleaning process such as AIC (Aseptic Intermediate CIP). The UltraBlock™ provides two type barriers: thermal and pressure.
When the product transfer stops, the UltraBlock™ applies only the secondary barrier if the products are compatible, and both sides are sterile free from chemical. It will apply the dual steam barriers between the Upstream processor (UltaProcessor™) and the Aseptic Surge Tank (AsepTank™) so they are aseptically isolated. The steam isolation barriers are also applied during CIP, AIC and when one system is Out Of Service.
The JCS UltraBlock™ can easily be integrated into new or existing ESL “Extended Shelf Life"” or UHT control strategies.
The dual barrier UltraBlock™ is used whenever a Processor is processing Low Acid products or is processing multiple products of which there are incompatibilities or is feeding multiple aseptic surge tanks.
The JCS UltraBlock™ also provides the valving and isolation for the downstream Sterile Surge Tank CIP Spray Balls and a path from the CIP Source to clean the UltraBlock™ itself, the Sterile Surge Tank (AsepTank™), and the Product transfer to the downstream Filler and or Filler routing cluster (UltraPath™)
The JCS UltraBlock™ also provides the means to Sterilize the UltraBlock™ itself, the downstream Sterile Surge Tank (AsepTank™), the product transfer to the downstream Filler, and or Filler routing cluster (UltraPath™).
Benefits of the JCS UltraBlock™
- Steam Sterilization Assurance – steam sterilization of the UltraBlock™ integrated to the downstream Aseptic Surge Tank (AsepTank™) and Filler, assures a sterile environment for product transfer, storage, and filling. System integrity is maintained by monitoring all critical control points in the system including barrier temperatures, downstream temperatures, and pressures.
- Flexibility – The JCS UltraBlock™ maintains the integrity of product and sterility on either side of the barrier between the UHT and the Aseptic Surge Tank. This maximizes product runs, ensures the separation of incompatible products, coordinates all functions with the filler, and can be fed to multiple destinations.
- The Processor could be CIP’d while the aseptic surge tank is still sending product to the filler without affecting the integrity of the product.
- Or the aseptic surge tank and filler routing could be CIP’d while maintaining the integrity of the Processor.
- Maintainable – the JCS supplied aseptic valves are the most suitable valve for this aseptic application. Rated for full vacuum, full steam pressure, they have just the diaphragm in contact with the product so no need for additional valve stem steam seals.
- PMO, USDA, and 3A Compliant – Meets criteria for Low and High Acid Aseptic Product and Chemical Isolation
- Compact Design – The skid contains the UltraBlock™ cluster, sterile air header for AsepTank™ and is prewired to an electrical enclosure. The design minimizes floor space, while making sure all valves are easily accessible for maintenance.
- HAACP Screen – A single HMI screen displays all of the Critical Control Points (CCP) making the data easily accessible for Quality to review.
- Ease of Integration – The Control System provides an Ethernet Connection to the Plant PLC network and provides a protocol for synchronizing control of the Upstream Processor and Down Stream Fillers, as well as the CIP System.
- On-site start-up time is just 5 days which includes the complete PMO validation.
Milk, Shake Mix, Ice Cream Mix, Functional Beverages, Plant Based Beverages, Nut based Beverages, Fruit Juices, Nectar, Tea, Sauces, Purees, and many other types of foods and beverages.