JCS strives to be a world-class food and dairy engineering company that is recognized as a top quality innovative contributor of advanced technologies for the betterment of public health, the advancement of our employees, and the profitability of our customers and our shareholders.
We are founded on the principles of fairness, integrity, honesty, service, quality and excellence. These universal principles guide us in achieving the personal satisfaction of providing well-engineered, innovative solutions for our customers' processing plants. We are proud to have ranked #7 as a 2017 Rochester Chamber Top 100 Company … one of Greater Rochester’s fastest growing, privately held companies – and #1 in the manufacturing category.
Working at JCS is like working with family. In addition to all the free coffee you can drink, we offer competitive pay with a full array of benefits, including:
- Nine paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Health and dental insurance with a generous premium contribution by JCS
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid by the company
- Group life Insurance, paid by the company
- A 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, currently with a matching contribution
That’s a little bit about us. Now, let’s talk about you and the position we’re looking to fill.
The Sales Manager ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning and management of the sales staff. This position is responsible for identifying objectives, strategies and actions in order to execute the annual operating plan to meet corporate sales goals.
This opportunity is ideal for an experienced Sales Manager with a combined passion for developing people and delivering for customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business with previous experience in a sales-related role
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information
- Proven ability to grow a department, as well as motivate and lead a sales team
- Demonstrated ability to develop sales strategies
- Experience in customer relationship management
- Dedication to providing great customer service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Develop and maintain sales strategies to meet agreed upon company objectives
- Collaborate with management team in establishing and recommending realistic sales goals for the company
- Set individual sales targets with the sales team
- Work on major accounts and negotiate sales prices
- Assist sales staff in establishing personal contact and rapport with top level decision makers
- Accurately forecast annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams
- Develop KPIs for the Sales Group and track sales goals and report results
- Participate in the development of new business opportunities by
- developing and maintaining a personal network of prospective clients
- developing and participating in presentations
- following up to secure new business
- Manage/develop staff by
- recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training members of the sales team
- communicating job expectations
- planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- coaching, counseling, and correcting performance
- developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards
- developing personal growth opportunities
- demonstrating personal commitment to core values
- Educate sales staff by creating programs/seminars on new account sales and growth, profitability, improved presentation strategies, competitive strategies, management of expenses and business/ financial issues on contracts
- Maintain professional communications and behaviors when interacting with customers and other team members
- Always represent yourself as the face of JCS, leaving positive impressions with our customers and vendors
- Look to continuously improve and grow your professional development, including:
- Self-directed training
- JCS individual training plan, including OSHA training
- Classes, seminars, workshops, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills require of employees so classified.
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, you will be contacted only if the search committee feels that your qualifications meet our requirements.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.