JCS strives to be a world-class food and dairy engineering company that is recognized as a top-quality innovative contributor of advanced technologies for the betterment of public health, the advancement of our employees, and the profitability of our customers and our shareholders.
We are founded on the principles of fairness, integrity, honesty, service, quality and excellence. These universal principles guide us in achieving the personal satisfaction of providing well-engineered, innovative solutions for our customers' processing plants.
Working at JCS is like working with family. In addition to all the free coffee you can drink, we offer competitive pay with a full array of benefits, including:
- Nine paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Health and dental insurance with a generous premium contribution by JCS
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid by the company
- Group life Insurance, paid by the company
- Group vision insurance
- A 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, currently with a matching contribution
- Year-end profit-sharing bonus
That’s a little bit about us. Now, let’s talk about you and the position we’re looking to fill.
Much of your day will be spent elbow-deep in numbers – inputting, reconciling, problem solving – helping the Finance Department be a valuable contributor to the company’s success. We want an energetic, proactive, accurate and well-organized individual with high ethical standards. If this describes you to a T, we want to hear from you!
The General Accountant is responsible for assisting in all aspects of Accounting: accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, banking, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 3+ years relevant experience.
- Strong initiative, with ability to work independently but know when to ask for help.
- Good oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with co-workers and other departments.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work efficiently and effectively.
- Detailed and accurate.
- Have analytical mind and approach.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with ADP Payroll is a plus.
- Experience with Jobscope is a plus.
- Processing of vendor invoices, matching invoices with purchase orders and receipts and obtaining approval as necessary. Ability to work with purchasing and receiving departments when issues arise.
- Creation of and processing changes to jobs within the MRP software.
- Processing and distribution of customer invoices.
- Process bi-weekly payroll for all employees, maintain employee profiles and run payroll reports as needed.
- Process weekly accounts payable check runs and expense reports.
- Assist in month end close process, including responsibility for account reconciliations.
- Assist Controller with special projects, as needed.
- Backup to Purchasing Agent and Receiving Clerk.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills require of employees so classified.
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, you will be contacted only if the search committee feels that your qualifications meet our requirements.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.