ENGINEERing Project manager
JCS works to know our customers’ businesses to provide efficient and reliable solutions, and exceptional service, to exceed their expectations. The commitment to our core values is the foundation of lasting relationships and fosters a culture where our employees can grow and thrive.
We are founded on the principles of respect, integrity, trust, wellness, and excellence. These universal principles guide us in achieving the personal satisfaction of providing well-engineered, innovative solutions for our customers' processing plants.
Working at JCS is like working with family. In addition to all the free coffee you can drink, we offer competitive pay with a full array of benefits, including:
- Nine paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Health and Dental Insurance with a generous premium contribution by JCS
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid by the company
- Group life Insurance, paid by the company
- A 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, with a matching contribution
We have a great opportunity for a self-motivated and detail-oriented Inventory Clerk. Do you have at least 3 years’ experience working in shipping and receiving? Do you enjoy organizing things, particularly when it comes to inventory and keeping track of it? Do you enjoy working with employees who appreciate the contributions of one another? If so, we want to hear from you!
Now, let’s talk about the position we want to fill.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, the Engineering Project Manager is responsible for delivering complete, fully functional process systems to our food processor clients. This role will manage multiple projects concurrently, implement project plans on schedule and within budget, and promote/maintain good business relationships with our customers. The Engineering Project Manager will drive the planning, organization, and execution of projects across all operational functions.
- Familiarity working with Microsoft Office and Outlook packages.
- Experience with Microsoft Project Management software.
- Ability to read and interpret AutoCAD electrical and pneumatic drawings, as well as IO sheets.
- Ability to understand and interpret piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) and functional descriptions.
- Ability to relate the processing system to the software controls.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a team, as well as be self-reliant and independent when necessary.
- Familiar with the elements of manufacturing system project management, including documentation, cost control, methodology, scheduling, and profitability.
- Travel (up to 20%) to customer sites throughout the U.S., including Puerto Rico, is required, with away-from-home stays of 1 day to 3 weeks.
- Develop project plans that deliver the required solution to the customer on time and within budget, and meet all system guarantees.
- Ensure that all project team members clearly understand the project scope, as well as time and cost constraints.
- Be the primary customer contact person on projects. Establish clear lines of communication, responsibility and accountability internally and to the customer.
- Manage all project deliverables, documentation and customer expectations.
- Ensure the timely delivery of information to the customer and vendors.
- Maintain positive cash flow throughout the cycle of the project.
- Identify and mitigate project risk and manage project changes.
- Continually review project implementation and recommend changes.
- Be available to support customers or employees on site during the life cycle of a project.
- Be able to identify, work with, and have knowledge of various hazardous conditions common to an industrial environment. Must also be sure that the project team is aware and in compliance with JCS safety procedures.
- Project planning, to include:
- Conduct preliminary studies of customer requirements
- Define goals and objectives of each project including customer expectations
- Develop project plans and work breakdown structures
- Determine all resource requirements
- Schedule internally and for customer
- Assign project tasks and responsibilities
- Define project team member roles, responsibilities and expectations Working with technical leaders to determine technological approach.
- Project tracking and control, including:
- Prepare regular project status reviews of actual vs. planned with updates to forecast and to complete
- Follow acceptable project change management procedures
- Conduct regular project review meetings internally and with the customer
- Take appropriate actions to deal with variances to project plan
- Schedule and conduct design review meetings internally and with the customer
- Ensure quality through standard acceptance testing procedures
- Work with all disciplines to make sure project methodology is followed.
- Work with Sales Department to identify opportunities and/or follow-up on leads or issues.
- Work with Accounting Department to resolve any accounts payable or accounts receivables issues.
- Assist with the evaluation of component failures.
- Maintain professional communications and behaviors when interacting with customers and other team members.
- Look to continuously improve and grow your professional development, including:
- Self-directed training.
- JCS individual training plan, including OSHA training.
- Classes, seminars, workshops, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, you will be contacted only if the search committee feels that your qualifications meet our requirements.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.