Electrical CONTROLS ENGINEER
JCS works to know our customers’ businesses to provide efficient and reliable solutions, and exceptional service, to exceed their expectations. The commitment to our core values is the foundation of lasting relationships and fosters a culture where our employees can grow and thrive.
We are founded on the principles of respect, integrity, trust, wellness, and excellence. These universal principles guide us in achieving the personal satisfaction of providing well-engineered, innovative solutions for our customers' processing plants.
Working at JCS is like working with family. In addition to all the free coffee you can drink, we offer competitive pay with a full array of benefits, including:
- Nine paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Health and Dental Insurance with a generous premium contribution by JCS
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid by the company
- Group life Insurance, paid by the company
- A 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, with a matching contribution
That’s a little bit about us. Now, let’s talk about you and who we’re looking for to fill our position.
The Electrical Controls Engineer (EE) will work under the direction of the Electrical Engineering Manager to design automation control systems. The EE will design/specify all process controls required. Collaborate with project team members to ensure designs and documentation are accurate and meet process specifications.
- 1-3 years’ experience in automation control engineering
- BS. Degree in Electrical Engineering/Electronics, or equivalent experience
- Ability to understand and interpret process and instrumentation drawings (P&ID), electrical component datasheets, electrical drawings, control panel layouts, as well as agency standards (i.e., NEC, NFPA, UL, CSA, etc.)
- Experience reading and interpreting schematics, layout drawings and P&IDs
- Experience designing process/machine control hardware using PLCs
Additional Qualifications (preferred, but not required):
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs is highly desirable
- Experience in hazardous area designs (C1D1, C1D2, etc.)
- Experience in the Food, Dairy or Beverage industry is a definite plus
- Use of AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD and/or Excel to design:
- I/O sheets
- Electrical schematics
- Pneumatic drawings
- Electrical bills of material
- Electrical wiring pull sheets/architecture drawings
- Create, organize and maintain design templates which can be replicated on future designs
- Support panel design to ensure panels are documented properly for manufacturing
in-house or when out sourced
- Ensure all designs conform to appropriate agency standards for safety, etc.
- Plan and report work priorities to meet project deadlines per project manager’s specifications
- Review component specifications for electrical interface considerations
- Assist in industrial Ethernet/IP configurations and specifications
- Make evaluations/suggestions for continual product/process improvements
- Perform other duties, as required
General JCS Duties:
- Work safely
- Respect others
- Be punctual
- Always look to improve yourself and JCS
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills require of employees so classified.
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, you will be contacted only if the search committee feels that your qualifications meet our requirements.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.