electrical cad drafter co-op
JCS works to know our customers’ businesses to provide efficient and reliable solutions, and exceptional service, to exceed their expectations. The commitment to our core values is the foundation of lasting relationships and fosters a culture where our employees can grow and thrive.
We are founded on the principles of respect, integrity, trust, wellness, and excellence. These universal principles guide us in achieving the personal satisfaction of providing well-engineered, innovative solutions for our customers' processing plants. Working at JCS is like working with family.
Working for JCS will give you the opportunity to experience a rapidly growing, family-run business that doesn’t get bogged down in a lot of bureaucracy. In this co-op role, you will be modifying template drawings based on engineering standards. This experience may lend itself to other related activities.
- Minimum second-year student, working towards bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, with coursework in drafting technology.
- Experienced with CAD, such as AutoCad; but not necessarily proficient.
- Familiarity with layouts and red lining.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Mechanical aptitude (hands on).
- Strong initiative, with ability to work independently but know when to ask for help.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as in a team.
- Modify electrical and pneumatic drawings using JCS templates.
- Learn to read customer piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID).
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills require of employees so classified.
Due to the volume of resumes we receive; you will be contacted only if the search committee feels that your qualifications meet our requirements.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.