Control panel technician
JCS strives to be a world-class food and dairy engineering company that is recognized as a top-quality innovative contributor of advanced technologies for the betterment of public health, the advancement of our employees, and the profitability of our customers and our shareholders.
We are founded on the principles of fairness, integrity, honesty, service, quality and excellence. These universal principles guide us in achieving the personal satisfaction of providing
well-engineered, innovative solutions for our customers' processing plants.
Working at JCS is like working with family. In addition to all the free coffee you can drink, we offer competitive pay with a full array of benefits, including:
- Nine paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Health and dental insurance with a generous premium contribution by JCS
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid by the company
- Group life Insurance, paid by the company
- A 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, currently with a matching contribution
That’s a little bit about us. Now, let’s talk about you and the position we’re looking to fill.
The Control Panel Technician works under the direction of the Electrical Engineering Manager building/assembling control panels, including the layout and physical mounting of components to back panels. Connections are wired within the panels following electrical schematics, using agency-approved methodologies. In addition, the ideal candidate will have a desire to increase their technical understanding and training to perform future department responsibilities.
- 2 years’ experience building control panels
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical schematics and layout drawings
- Familiarity with and comfortable using a variety of hand and power tools
- Electrical and mechanical aptitude, with hands-on experience
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to make evaluations/suggestions for continual product/process improvements
- Experience building control panels, preferred
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Willingness to perform other duties, as required
- Assemble and wire industrial control panels
- Dimensionally lay out components mounted on panel back plates and those mounted externally on the enclosure
- Mount devices to enclosure/back plate using a variety of methods including drilling and tapping in both painted and stainless steel
- Operate computerized equipment for labeling, printing, tracking components
- Wire panels per provided schematics
- Route and bundle wires and cables neatly, per established electrical standards
- Check work to ensure high quality in both appearance and function
- Keep red-lines of any changes required during manufacturing and communicate with engineering group to update appropriate documentation
- Maintain a clean and organized workplace
- Use appropriate safety procedures and PPE, as necessary
- Perform other duties, as needed
General JCS Duties:
- Understand and follow all guidelines and principles of the JCS Employee Handbook
- Work safely
- Respect others
- Be punctual
- Always look to improve yourself and JCS
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend, kneel and reach.
- Perform repetitive and non-repetitive assembly tasks, constantly using hands and arms.
- Ability to work above or below shoulder height for extended periods of time.
- Ability to see and handle small parts and wires of different colors.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills require of employees so classified.
Due to the volume of resumes we receive; you will be contacted only if the search committee feels that your qualifications meet our requirements.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.